The Inventory Controller is responsible for optimizing the resources of the Warehouse and Logistics Operations, and ensuring exemplary ABC service to all customers – internal and external, while ensuring the efficiency and profit potential are maximized.
The Inventory Controller supports the development and performance of the entire ABC Warehouse Logistics Operations. Further, this role must ensure that all assets are fully utilized and that there is a pro-active short and long-range plan to fully utilize the space, people, and equipment.
This position ultimately supports and engages in the delivery of efficiency and profit objectives annually, and for ensuring long term ABC growth.
The Inventory Controller needs to have high personal integrity and be willing to take responsibility for leading, managing, and developing the performance of ABC Consolidators Inc. This individual needs to be keenly aware of current and future trends in Warehousing/3PL services. This individual must have the flexibility, intellect, and creativity to resolve complex situations.
B. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Verify, record, and reconcile inventory and receiving transactions for all clients within the facility.
- Validate and perform regular cycle counts to confirm stock availabilities.
- Investigate inventory discrepancies with management via order history and audit reports.
- Improve product layouts and participate in the ongoing improvements in product layout for increased productivity and performance if the order fulfillment process.
- Receive and Replenish products within locations as required.
- Participate in new client onboarding and product layout within the facility for optimal fulfillment efficiency.
- Monitor and convert product levels and condition codes for damaged and quarantined stock.
- Work in conjunction with customer service/operations team for customer inquiries and storage counts and verifications.
- Oversee client product validation processes for new products.
- Consolidate products per client to optimize storage space ensuring space for new products.
- Monitoring safe work practices in regards to correct storage methods of products.
- Work in conjunction with the warehouse supervisor to coordinate various projects within the warehouse.
- Other projects, duties, and responsibilities as assigned
C. KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Education and Industry Knowledge:
- Inventory Control: 2 years.
- Warehouse Fulfillment: 5 years.
- Education in inventory, product fulfillment is preferred.
- Previous working experience in product fulfillment and inventory control is preferred.
- Previous working knowledge of shipping / receiving preferred.
- Excellent math skills and attention to detail.
- Computer skills: WMS, inventory systems.
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Superior communication and relationship-building skills.
- Licensed and experienced Reach and Counter Balance Operator (Must Have).
Business Strategy Skills:
- The ability to develop a warehouse performance improvement strategy in line with the Vision and the strong organizational and tactical skills to prioritize and manage the day-to-day workloads to achieve high customer service.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to encourage a team-based approach, and develop excellent relationships with internal and external customers.
- The ability to positively and enthusiastically motivate the ABC Team to short and long-term success.
- A logical mind with the capacity and flexibility to overcome difficult problems creatively.
Company Capabilities Knowledge:
- Understand and represent the full offering's potential of the ITN Group of Companies and ABC Consolidators.
The ability to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing) with all members of ABC, ITN, and all external resources.
- General Manager.
- Warehouse Supervisors.
- Operations Management.
- Warehouse staff.
- Clients – existing and potential.
- Service providers / Vendors.
- Transportation companies.
- Industry counterparts.
E. FREEDOM TO ACT:
The incumbent is expected to meet the requirement set out in this job description.